My Forumates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Forumates

100% Free Registration for Fun, Friendship and Flirting..

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

losing my religion.......

Go down 
+2
Kat
H
6 posters
AuthorMessage
H

H

Male
Number of posts : 82
Here For : Banter
Interests : avoiding xmas.....
Registration date : 2007-07-02

losing my religion....... Empty
PostSubject: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime8/12/2007, 12:19 am

schools canceling nativity plays....????? becuase the UK has become such a multi nationality country. and we dont want to offend other religions.....! what a joke..... if muslim parents dont want there children tacking part in a play at school they dont believe in then no problem just withdraw them from the play no harm done..... not withdraw the whole thing....!!

whats that all about...??? were losing everything in this country!!!

soon it will be offensive to order a FULL ENGLISH!!!!

:eng: engerrrrrrrland engerrrrrrrrrland engerland........................ :drunk:

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastminute.com
Kat
Green Eyed Gal
Green Eyed Gal

Female
Number of posts : 3126
Here For : friends / chat
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime8/12/2007, 1:53 am

have to agree there...
On the news Friday morning it was reported that some ethnic parents were actually offended that their children WEREN'T invited to take part in a traditional nativity play. PC brigade yet again sticking their oars in where thay arent wanted.

when you think that the characters depicted in the nativity were from all over the wordl, not ONE Englishman among them!

Egyptian, Ethopian, Israeli, Egyptian etc etc...

One school got it spot on in my opinion where they are having a celebration of Christmas from around the world. Showing the Christian nativity, the Hindu ceremony, the Chinese ceremony etc. Where everyone took part and out nativity WAS included...

It will never be an offense in my house to order full English by the way...

😉 :eng:
Back to top Go down
Lau
Hong Kong Phooey
Hong Kong Phooey
Lau

Male
Number of posts : 175
Here For : Spontaneous communication to random people.
Interests : Computers, physics, philosophy and chess
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 10:58 am

What I cannot understand is why they are offended. If some people want to celebrate Christmas then it shouldn't even be a concern for people who don't.

There is also confusion between race, nationality and religion again.

It is possible for an English person to be Muslim.

Same as it is possible for an Asian to be Christian.

It becomes an issue when someone of a particular religion tries to convert others.

I am agnostic, because I believe that a creator has never been proved or disproved. No religion has even come near to changing my position on the subject, so anyone who tries will be wasting their time. 😉

By all means though, they can believe what they want to believe, and celebrate what they want. It wouldn't cause me any offense.
Back to top Go down
Jo

Jo

Female
Number of posts : 212
Here For : good times
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 11:42 am

I'm not racist or against people having their beliefs in any way, but I do think this is ridiculous. We had a Happy Christmas message on our website (fairly major financial institution) last year that we got complaints about and had to change it to Seasons Greetings (or something equally insipid) . We are a British company and should be able to wish customers Happy Christmas if we want to.....

Also, if a British person goes to a Muslim, Asian etc, etc... country, they are expected to follow their customs, cover their legs, heads etc, why are we changing ours to fit in?, can they not accept our traditions too? I know plenty of people of different religions that do.... as Kat said, the PC brigade sticking their nose in where it's not needed....

Full English all the way!
Back to top Go down
Ignatious Riley

Ignatious Riley

Male
Number of posts : 1112
Here For : What Seems Like An Eternity
Interests : Living The Life Of Riley
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime15/12/2007, 8:47 pm

What people fail to grasp is that it's in some news-groups' interests to have us all dislike each other.

Divide and rule. It's how capitalism survives.

My ex girlfriend is a muslim and had no problem with England, quite liked the culture and thought that people who wanted to change our trtaditions are ridiculous.

I'm sure a lot of her fellow muslims feel the same.

But, of course, the newspapers won't reposrt what actually goes on in normal people's minds as it suits their paymasters to keep us divided because as soon as the people realise that they're being sold down the river by these muppets - and always have been - then they could topple and they have a lot to lose.

Newspapers have agendas. See through it and talk to real people to find out the truth IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ronchurch
Isaac Hunt
Chemical Brother
Isaac Hunt

Male
Number of posts : 370
Here For : now
Interests : Throwing spanners
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime26/12/2007, 5:14 am

I chose religious education for my options at school (which was
very multicultural, Urdu was a language choice.)
My mother ended up sending a letter of complaint to the school because I was learning plenty about other religions but not the one she had chosen for me, christianity.

This is what religion does...promotes narrow-mindedness.

I'll steer my daughter clear of all of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spykee_wildthing

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime28/12/2007, 10:07 am

[flash][/flash]<embed FlashVars='videoId=103765' src='http://southpark.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

This reminds me of the Christmas episode when they present the "The Happy, Non-offensive, Nondenominational School Play".
It's getting to be that way all over the place.
Eventually the holiday will be wiped out if this keeps up.

In case it doesn't work click here >> http://southpark.comedycentral.com/video_by_episode.jhtml?episodeId=103771
It's the Fa La La Your La episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: losing my religion.......   losing my religion....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

losing my religion.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Forumates :: Friendship :: On Your Soapbox-
Jump to: