My Forumates

100% Free Registration for Fun, Friendship and Flirting..

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Stereotyping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kat
Green Eyed Gal
Green Eyed Gal

Female
Number of posts : 3126
Here For : friends / chat
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Stereotyping   16/7/2007, 7:20 am

How much do u think u do it?

I try not to but sometimes u just cant help it!!

For instance, yesterday i was in my office and a girl was approaching, wearing a black tracksuit. it had pink piping, collar, waistband etc and she wasnt't exactly skinny... belly hanging out over the top... dripping in cheap jeweleery and hair scraped back untidily into a ponytail tied with a scrunchie.....

the first thing that came into my head??

Yer but no, but yer, but no, but yer!! 🤣

And after i had spoken to her, i felt bad as she was really really lovely....
just needed a bit of guidance in the wardrobe really as to what looked good on her!

So, have u ever done anything similar?

Nat
Girl on Fire
Girl on Fire

Female
Number of posts : 2973
Here For : a daft laugh
Interests : talking bollocks till dawn

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   16/7/2007, 7:49 am

you can't help it sometimes and I do try not to but you do slip into it. I uess we are all programmed to think a certain way or have things that trigger off responses depending on our experiences and viewpoints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543535976
Ignatious Riley

Male
Number of posts : 1112
Here For : What Seems Like An Eternity
Interests : Living The Life Of Riley
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   16/7/2007, 10:31 am

There's a 6'4 skinhead with tats all over the place that drinks in a bar in Stratford. Proper meat-axe bone-head... the sort that sprinkles kids on his weetabix and expects ethnic minorities to part for him and let him to the front of the queue in a shop...

Nothing of the sort. A proper decent chap and a right laugh aswell. We probably could have become better mates if he got his fair share of the rounds in lol

Still a scary f**ker though...

oooh... a swearing filter... who's the censorship Stalin then? 🤣
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ronchurch
Isaac Hunt
Chemical Brother

Male
Number of posts : 370
Here For : now
Interests : Throwing spanners
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   17/7/2007, 2:26 am

Kat wrote:

And what would you have thought had you never seen 'Little Britain'?

I try not to even use terms that put people in boxes ie. chav, emo whatever...sometimes it can't be helped when trying to describe someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/spykee_wildthing

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   21/8/2007, 4:37 am

All French people wear blue & white striped tops

Germans have no SOH

Americans are all loud mouth overweight slobs

everyone in Liverpool wears a shell-suite

every chinese & japanese knows Karate it's a fact
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   21/8/2007, 4:39 am

Isaac Hunt wrote:
Kat wrote:

And what would you have thought had you never seen 'Little Britain'?

I try not to even use terms that put people in boxes ie. chav, emo whatever...sometimes it can't be helped when trying to describe someone.

really what was meat head the other day ??? pot kettle anyone ?
Back to top Go down
loki_me

Female
Number of posts : 18
Location : round the corner up past chippy, if you reach the phone box you've gone to far....
Here For : conversation, frienships, stimulation, networking
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   13/9/2007, 11:04 am

A word or two to throw in the pot, Essex Girl, hoodie, chav (no offence G) snob, geek, junkie, trainspotter even brings up images of a little note taking man in a macintosh jacket, with sellotaped glasses...... doesn't it just form most of the human language??? isn't it about fear of social groups or a way to include someone into a social scene, how do you discribe someone without them??????.... it can be a positive describing term or a negative one..... there prob never totally acurate but do we care???
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   13/9/2007, 11:15 am

I try very hard not to do it, but sometimes things pop into my head. Then I spend time chastising myself for it and trying to figure out where it came from and how I can change it.
I've caught myself doing it at work when certain customers come in. Although that one guy really is a drunken, druggie, Harley-rider-looking, dude. He comes in so trashed and it's like a tornado hit the place and he has stolen from us several times! *bad free spirit! bad!*
Back to top Go down
loki_me

Female
Number of posts : 18
Location : round the corner up past chippy, if you reach the phone box you've gone to far....
Here For : conversation, frienships, stimulation, networking
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   16/9/2007, 11:18 am

lol, ouch that must be hard to deal with, sounds like he's pretty overbearing, sometimes we gotta look past those imagetypes as i supposed you were just saying, i have a friend who wears loads of black (no offence to anyone here who does read on..) and so many peirceings... she is the most wonderful friend i could have, i love her to peices.... i have talked with her about it not only does she totally love the way she looks/ feel comfortable that way... but it gives her a kinda mask.. when shes all made up.. lots of eyeliner etc. she feels safe, like it keeps people out of her face.... as opposed to me... when i go sit in a cafe or a resteraunt people just start talking to me... and its usually the weird ones who show you their kids photos and say they moved to this area beause there ex said they stalked them and the court ordered there move..... help!!!
and theres me "oh nice..." getting kicked in shins by my mate as i cant seem to end the conversation.
there are good and bad in all people/races/gender/ages/social groups........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ignatious Riley

Male
Number of posts : 1112
Here For : What Seems Like An Eternity
Interests : Living The Life Of Riley
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   30/11/2007, 10:32 am

Well I always thought that stereotyping was being able to operate the keyboard with two hands like women can and men if they work in a call centre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ronchurch
Kat
Green Eyed Gal
Green Eyed Gal

Female
Number of posts : 3126
Here For : friends / chat

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   4/12/2007, 1:45 pm

i very nearly did it today.

The guy i ended up selling the house to looked far too young to be able to afford what i was selling. I was all but prepared to tell him i didnt have any 2 bed apartments left.
In the course of the ensuing conversation he said he ran his own IT business!

I took him to see a 250,000 house and as i walked round the corner from my office, there was his car parked outside! a brand new Audi R8

Trying to wangle a spin in it!!! After all we will end up being neighbours!!

Already promised a spin in another buyers Aston Martin Vantage!!!

I could so very easily have lost a sale thru a negative attitude... luckily i didnt have one!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping   

Back to top Go down

Stereotyping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Forumates :: Friendship :: On Your Soapbox-
Jump to: